What is your photography style?
I take great pride in helping my clients commemorate their special moments with vibrant and evocative images. I believe getting your pictures taken should be a fun and stress-free process. That's why I'm all about creating a laid-back, easy-breezy atmosphere that encourages your unique personality to shine through in your images. As my client, you're welcome to message me anytime before your shoot for styling consultations, location suggestions and any other questions you might have. I'm at your service!
Where are you based, and do you travel?
I'm a Los Angeles, CA based photographer. I love serving my clients in the South Bay Beach Cities and I also love to travel! If you want me to photograph your story and it's well outside of the South Bay area, it may require an hourly roundtrip travel fee, but we'll map out all of those details together to find a plan that works best for everyone!
When will we get our photos?
A stunning online gallery containing all of your beautifully edited and lightly retouched digital photos is delivered within 2-3 weeks of most portrait sessions and events. Faster delivery may be available for an additional rush fee (discussed and paid in advance).
From your private gallery, you'll be able to download to unlimited devices, share with friends and family, and even order prints from one of my trusted printing vendors.
Wedding galleries are delivered within 4-6 weeks of your wedding date, with a handful of sneak peeks (10-15) provided within 48 hours.
What should we wear?
- Light pastels, neutrals & solids are classic, romantic and keep the focus on you and your loved ones.
- Light or medium grays, light blue/denim/chambray, blush pink, khaki/cream/beige/white, sage green, or yellow) with simple patterns or textures are highly recommended.
- It's usually best to start with one wardrobe and work from there to coordinate the other outfits and colors.
- For the ladies, long maxi or sundresses are always beautiful! (Lulu's, Morning Lavender, Free People, Zara, BHLD and H&M have a ton of wonderful options!)
- Jeans paired with a flattering blouse or pretty sweater is also a great choice!
- LADIES, PLEASE NOTE: Wear a strapless or self-adhesive bra with any blouses, tops or dresses that don't completely cover bra straps.
- For the guys - jeans, nice shorts, or light beige pants with a dressier t-shirt, polo or button-down works well.
*Busy/distracting patterns (If there's a dress or shirt you love that has a pattern, try to limit the patterned outfit to one person in the group and then choose solid colors and textures that compliment it for the rest of the outfits) *Clothing with big logos or writing.
*All black outfits.
*All white outfits.
I'M ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER INPUT:
- If you’d like assistance choosing outfits, please feel free to reach out and/or send pictures of your outfits laid out next to one another for input!
What can we do to prepare for our newborn session?
Congratulations, mama! I can't wait to meet you and your family!
Below are a few ideas I always like to share in case they're helpful to prep for your shoot, but absolutely no worries if any of the suggestions below aren't achievable! We'll have a blast capturing all of the sweet, magical moments of this imperfectly perfect time with beautiful portraits you'll cherish!
HOUSE PREP & FINDING THE NATURAL LIGHT:
- Whenever possible, try to stash any distracting items or clutter from the areas where we'll likely be shooting.
- The best areas to shoot are those where lots of natural light is available (usually near bigger windows, sliding glass doors, etc.)
- Generally, we'll want to turn off all the ambient light to avoid multiple lighting sources coming into the images.
- The living room, nursery / playroom, master bedroom, kitchen, and front yard/backyard are all options we'll want to consider shooting in.
- A large bed with a clean, white (or lighter colored) comforter or bedspread that has been freshly made (with all of the pillows neatly arranged) makes for a perfect spot to shoot!
- Please have a few outfits on hand for you, your partner and your little one(s).
- As you may already know - spits ups, blow outs and other random messes can happen unexpectedly! :)
- Please collect any toys, blankets, or other sentimental items that you may want to capture in the photos and have them handy for us to use.
BABY ACNE / ILLNESSES / OTHER CONCERNS?
- If you need to reschedule your session, just let me know! I have two sweet, wild boys and totally get how crazy family life can be!
- Your deposit will simply be applied to the rescheduled session date, which can be used for a newborn, family or other type of session - no worries! :)